ICAS Foundation – GAMA Scholarship
Award Amount: $2,000
The Foundation has collaborated with the General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA) to provide assistance to students seeking an aviation-related degree.
The General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA) is an international trade association headquartered in Washington, DC representing 60 of the world's leading manufacturers of general aviation airplanes, engines, avionics and related equipment. GAMA's members also operate fleets of aircraft, fixed-based operations and pilot training and maintenance training facilities.
The ICAS Foundation GAMA Scholarship provides tuition assistance to students enrolled in a college/university level aviation degree program. It is the goal of the scholarship to assist high-caliber individuals in obtaining the education needed to become effective leaders in the aviation industry. Applicants will be judged on their academic record, history of extracurricular participation within their school and community, and any other activities that distinguish the applicant from their peers. GAMA had teamed with the ICAS Foundation as the vehicle for this scholarship program because the air show industry is very often the most visible and memorable public contact point with the aviation industry.
The eligibility requirements for this scholarship are:
- A student is enrolled in an aviation-related degree program. The major field of study must be linked to at least one aspect of the industry (professional pilot; maintenance/engineering; airport administration; etc).
- The student has completed at least two semesters with an aviation-related declared major, and has an established trajectory towards completion of their degree. The semesters may consist of different degree programs so long as they satisfy the first eligibility requirement.
Additional selection criteria to be judged include, but are not limited to:
- Applicant’s GPA.
- A record of extracurricular and community participation.
- Applicant has distinguished themselves from their peers.
- Passionate approach toward their aviation career goals.
The ICAS Foundation - GAMA Scholarship award amount is $2,000. In a unique partnership, GAMA provides $1,000 each year towards the scholarship, and the ICAS Foundation provides the other $1,000.